How to make slimeMonday, March 23, 2009
Making slime: The GungeGirls.com way.
Time and time again i have been asked how to make Slime, or Gunge… whichever you like to call it. So here it is…
You will need: Powdered Methylcellulose, a bucket, a cup, hot water, a spoon to mix with, kids poster paint, and an attractive lady/man to taste, to pour it over. White chair is optional.
1. Find some Methyl Cellulose in powder form. Generally the best place to find it is from a scientific supply store. I can’t help you to much with that as it depends where you are, Google is your friend!
2. You will have to experiment a little as where you get the powder affects measurements… but generally 3/4 of a cup of powder makes a nice bucket.
3. Fill bucket with tepid water.
4. Fill 3/4 of the cup with powder.
5. Sprinkle the powder into the water while stirring. Take your time as any lumps will sink to the bottom and turn to jelly.
6. Keep stirring after the powder is all mixed in until it water starts to thicken.
7. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes and add some poster paint, add a little at a time until you reach your desired translucency. Poster paint is non staining as it is water based. Double check the label, then test slime on some throw away clothing before dumping it over someone… you have been warned and we accept no resposibility. On your own head be it, so to speak, for trying this.
8. Leave for 10 – 15 minutes then stir again for 3 – 5 minutes.
9. Leave overnight. Stir again in the morning.
10. You should now have some nice smooth slime in a lovely colour ready to dump over your target of choice.